Southern Style Life! She and her husband are considering purchasing a southern plantation! I think that sounds like a world away from here in the Northwest but oh so romantic!
So I am supposed to share 7 things about myself!
1. First of all, I am a cozy up on your sofa with a huge mug of warm creamy latte in my cup kinda girl! However, this season of life finds me wanting to get into shape so instead of starting my mornings slow I am in my 3rd week of yoga, fitness and walking in between classes. I love it and hate it all at once!
2. I am happily married and celebrating my 11th anniversary this week!
3. Last night I overheard my family arguing about which color is my favorite. The kids were sure it is blue but my husband was insistent that I have made him paint everything white so it had to be white! Which is it? Truthfully it is both, but does white count as a color?
4. We are blessed to have 2 boys and 2 girls overflowing our cottage!
5. I am not the greatest housekeeper in the world. I care that my home is beautifully and comfortably furnished but once I straighten it up (and dim the lights!) I usually call her good!
6. My closest friends in the world have also known me forever. This is good and bad! They love me for who I am! They also remind me of my embarrasing phases and moments!
7. Current dream? Moving the garden so that we can enter it from the back deck and setting it up as an english potager!
Now I get to nominate 7 other lovely blogs to visit! Please do!
6 little bunkers
Grow In Love
4 Little Monkeys
Adventures of an Innkeeper
Nothin But Country Living
Little House That Grew
Red Gate Farm
Okay so I have one I had to add (is this cheating?), it's my mama who has a beautiful place, she just started blogging and here is her link! Ooh and one more! I think I'll never be nominated for anything ever again because I clearly cannot follow the rules! My daughter Anna is a beauty and full of talent & love, check out hers also!
Stylish Blogger Award....
-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
--Share seven things about yourself.
--Award seven recently discovered new blogs.--Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award
Saturday, February 26, 2011
This is just a little post in honor of my husband who is having his birthday this week and we are also celebrating our 11th Anniversary! He is so talented and these photos are just a few from a recent local event we catered! "We" meaning I printed menu's, chatted with the staff and ate! (that's not all I do though!)
Even from the beginning his career made an impact on me. As soon as I met him and he told me he cooked he had me hook line & sinker. I didn't know he was this good! The pictures are pretty but the taste is amazing! I am so thankful for the way he provides for our family but also for the success he has carved out in his career. I am so thankful for the kind of dad he is to our children, he is fun and active always teaching them important skills and lessons!
And I am also thankful that when he offers to cook dinner for the night it isn't boxed macaroni and cheese but more like braised cabbage & slow cooked ribs or .... any number of flavorful dishes!
Thank you God for my husband, & thank you honey for choosing me!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
It started out at home, in the cozy comfy cottage but we soon ventured out to celebrate at the beach...
Little miss opened presents and announced "Yay" each time and after the birthday song!
We all gathered driftwood on the beach and enjoyed the lovely view!
I puttered around (my favorite thing to do) straightening and fluffing the nest!
(I'm looking for the perfect hardware for the hutch)
We also went swimming and bowling and played outside in the sandy front yard!
Our little trip made this momma's heart so full!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
I go through phases, as I've mentioned before! About this time of year usually I start feeling really expansive! Wanting to dream big and live more adventurously. This year that need is being met by a new wave of fitness mania (not my favorite subject really but I'm working on it!) In previous years it has been adding a menagerie of animals to our lives. Carmel the calf was among the first!
We've added a small crew of kitties, none of which decided to stay around permanently. That's okay, apparently the mice in the barns around the neighborhood and the wild life speak to them!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
We work all sorts of hours with our catering business. But, it's a dream really.
When I married a chef I didn't realize how difficult it would be to raise a family while he worked restaurant hours. He would be at work by 10am and come home after 10pm usually Monday thru Saturday.
It was lonely! I would feel like a single parent often and we celebrated many holidays without daddy.
By 2004 we were done! Couldn't go on! So we took a risk and opened a business from scratch. It helped that he was very qualified and had many contacts in the profession including eager clientele. We haven't exactly gotten "rich" like the song choice might suggest! But I cannot complain, we have had success and have always been able to provide for our family!
Now all these years later we can truly say we are partners in everything. I started this post meaning to talk about what our children learn by working alongside us!
But, I realized it may be good to give a little background!
Maybe I'll get to that in the another post! Here is my littlest helper working at the computer I use daily for client emails, invoicing, balancing accounts and all that good stuff!
Today the older ones are at work with daddy helping to prepare for a Valentine's Dinner he is catering at the Wine Shop in town. So it won't exactly be a romantic day for us even though I will be there, tasting and visiting with customers, staff and friends!
Wishing you all a day of love tomorrow and always!
Friday, February 11, 2011
In our small town life, the community pool hosts movie night once a month.
Our little water bugs are gonna love it!
The movie? Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2!
I'm sure they'll see lots and lots of friends. It will be loud, they will turn into prunes, they will remember it for the rest of their lives! That's the plan for this special night that we celebrate every Friday! What do you like to do on family nights at your house? Please do tell!
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
top 5 ways to make living in a small cottage work
1. don't let "stuff" take over. rifle through every closet, cabinet drawer and storage space regularly to make room. keep only what you love
2. move furniture and decor around frequently and clean as you go. it makes the cleaning a lot more fun!
3. do the 15 minute straighten up a several times a day. small spaces seem cluttered much more quickly!
4. realize that you have less to take care of than others so more time to relax. relish in this idea!
5. clean the sinks often so their sparkling clean since you know you spend a lot of time in front of them!
be thankful, choose joy
what do you do to keep your home tidy (and enjoy the process more!)?
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
For the first time ever I'm loving this holiday all about love! It all started with a heart shaped wreath on my front door, the first Valentine's Day decor I have ever put out. Then it moved on to some felt stitched hearts my mom gave the kids 2 years ago...
And then, all the sudden red and pink bloomed all over my home! I even found myself picking out Valentine Chocolates for my sweet with a darling little tin! What is going on around here? It's usually so country french in blue & yellow!
It seems as though my style is edging toward english country lately, a little of my Country Living British addition magazine subscription rubbing off on me! Well, change is good right?!
all is mine (3) at the sea shore (3) becoming free (2) Being Thrifty (7) Books (2) Chickens (5) Cooking (8) Country Life (35) Creative Living (22) Family (43) Favorite Quotes (7) Friendship (5) Gardening (3) Generosity (4) Getting away (3) Holidays (8) Home Decor (9) Love (1) Lovely Books (1) Meet Our Family (3) ponderings (13) potager (5) Schooling (7) Simple Joys (5) Soaping (1) Spring (2) Thankfulness (14) Traditions (17) Winter (4)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ▼ February (10)