Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quote of the day

We can do no great things, only small things with great love.  Mother Teresa

I'm letting this sink in today as I look out over the week.  Prayerfully, I am preparing my heart to spend my week in a way that can overflow with compassion for others.  So often I am guilty of being self involved and not looking to help others near to me or far away.  But this is an irony because God has given me a heart of compassion.  One that is easily moved to tears at the pain of others suffering especially children.  Too often I get caught up in my own little world (and by doing so I am keeping it little).  This week I am challenging my habits and seeking to show love.  I can't wait to share what opportunities to give of my time and resources come up as a result of being ready and available!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. This is good. Can't wait to hear what happens this week too! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers