Monday, September 12, 2011

Solitude, Puttering & a few of my favorite things

Monday, the children back to school and momma's tired.  I've hardly spoken any words today and it's so nice.  Calm and quiet and good for my soul.  I've been spending these moments of solitude doing my favorite thing ~ puttering and enjoying the house in it's hushed state. 

I feel like it's really mine for a few worthwhile hours and then happily welcome THEM in once again.  It doesn't really feel like a home without THEM anyway. 
Puttering is fun isn't it?  Handling your favorite things and taking a good look at them!  Realizing a few things that aren't a favorite anymore and setting them aside to find a new home.  The pile of donations is growing and needs to be taken out. 
I love the process of editing.  Thoreau said "simplify, simplify, simplify."  This speaks to my soul!  Have a blessed Monday.
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers