Saturday, December 15, 2012

Heaven on Earth

I am, along with many across our nation, heavy hearted this day after such tragedy in Connecticut yesterday.
My first response wasn't noble, (often it's not, I am ashamed to say) it was to stay in bed this morning and keep going back to sleep.
Once I knew the day was going on and I must get up and join in I wondered what my next response should be?  I turned on the news momentarily to see if any new information had been released and heard a pastor saying we can acknowledge the evil but double down on love.
Some people with their choices bring hell to earth.  Unbelievable but true.  Well I guess in a way we all at times choose this when we yell at our children, gossip... the list goes on.
But today? And really every day and as often as possible we can also with our choices bring heaven to earth.  We can love deeply, reaching out our arms as comfort, choosing selflessness, offering forgiveness, meeting needs.  And of course in the process of meeting those needs find our own broken hearts mended as well.
Blessings,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers