Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Place near the alter...

Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for her young - a place near your alter. Psalm 84:3

As my older children and husband are away here:

My littlest Carolyn and I are nesting here:
I've spent a VERY quiet weekend home, reading my bible and playing with my little one.  Probably missing out on some fun at the beach...but, needing to be near the alter.  I think what keeps me feeling far away from it at times is the busyness of life and the many distractions that come with having a big family in small home!

So I've nested by editing the decor in my home... 
(try not to notice the blue tape, did i mention we're painting:)


 By enjoying the view out my window...
By staying here and being purposeful about how I spend each moment (meaning I did only what I wanted to) instead of all the things I think I should!

Blessings,
Olivia

6 comments:

  1. sounds perfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia,
    I wanted to stop by and thank you for the comment you left about my bird dilemma. I really appreciate your words - I think I also look more from the inside out. It would break my heart to know that I was trapping the creature that God created to fly. Sometimes the right words are all we need ~
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post & your lovely home decor. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you wendy for the compliment but also for pointing me to this scripture when i needed it most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a great way to spend a mostly quiet week. Your home looks peaceful and lovely!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers