Friday, October 1, 2010

October, I can't believe you're here so soon!

welcome!
this is my new chicken scraps bucket, cute huh!  just had to share! 

my husband just completed our porch makeover and we've almost completed our trim painting & house paint touching up!  
here is the before:

this is when we bought our house 5 years ago ~ I always envisioned white trim!  Can you believe they hid our beautiful leaded glass windows behind all the trees!  Major improvements we've made ~ ideas mine of course, workmanship mostly my husbands!  thank you, thank you hun!
 i never could have orange pumpkins with that other combo so i went all out and opted for fallish mums too - it's A LOT of color for me - i'm warning you it's not likely to last long in my faded blue & grey world!  (but it's fun for once!) 

blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Your house looks so cute!!! Happy October!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your front door! It's exactly what I would like! Your house is so cute and has a similar look to mine with the door in the middle, large windows and the little windows in upstairs! I look forward to checking out more...
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cottage....your blog name says it all. It looks like the perfect place to nestle into for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you thank you for all the compliments!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers