Sunday, September 12, 2010

Searching for Inspiration

Do you ever have those times where you're waiting... and you don't know what for? 

I tend to go through phases and their quite amusing to look back on!  In recent history there was my "homesteading phase" where I was reading about and delving into all things "farmgirl" (this one has been off and on for the past 5 years but turned into "homesteading" as soon as I found a name for it!).  Now you know the real reason for the chickens! 

Then there was my Beatrix Potter - drawing & painting phase inspired by the movie "Miss Potter".  For some reason this phase inspired me to want a bunny! 

When I read Anne of Ingleside and found one of my favorite quotes "some folks think babies a luxury, but here at Ingleside we think their a necessity!" I of course was in a baby phase (wanting #4!). 

I've also had a music phase - piano lessons for 2 years (so we now have a piano!).  A blogging phase...a photography phase...a secret garden phase...  And all throughout each of these times I seem to be more inspired in every sense of the word. 

Well, what do you do when you just don't feel inspired?  It must be time for a good book or a great movie!  Have any suggestions!?  I better be careful what I wish for though because once it becomes a phase we usually end up with long lasting results! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a darling bunny!

    Hmmm. Beth Moore's "Stepping Up" promises to be inspiring and life changing. She says the only requirement is to "come hungry."

    As for a fun and inspiring movie, try the Frank Capra classic "You Can't Take it With You." Reminds me of our house sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the ebb and flow of inspiration! I guess I don't know of any especially inspiring reads, but I can suggest a fun one: True to Form, by Elizabeth Berg.

    Relax during this time of ebb. You'll be flowing again before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't have any suggestions. I think I'm just feeling uninspired myself this morning but I do like your style! I love the idea that something fairly ordinary can inspire a whole phase for you. You are my kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers