Monday, January 3, 2011

Time to get my house in order!

There is something I love about this after~Christmas time.  Before the New Year begins I busy around getting the holidays put away.  I stand back and take a breath looking at the newly simple mantle and tablescapes.  I breathe deeply as the clutter clears away.  And exhale too, as my soul expands in the knowledge of a slower pace now upon me.  Soon the January dreariness may seep in, but for now I am pleased with the new bareness all around.  Wishing you a peaceful and freshly new year.  And while the depth of winter sinks in low all about remember to let the old and worn out ways whither and wilt so new life can abound after our long winters slumber!

1 comment:

  1. Decluttering house right now...love the reminder to let the old ways wither. Spent some serious time in prayer yesterday. Time to "throw off the things that hinder" right?!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers