Sunday, December 5, 2010

Im going through one of my phases again! Where will it lead...

 Help I've been absorbed into the book world once again and I'm afraid I cannot find my way out!  So it all started when my mom gave me Danniel Hannon's book The New Road to Serfdom which was unexpectedly inspiring, history rich and quotable!  Since he is British and has a decidedly British perspective and I think I was accidentally born here but should probably have been there (joking, I know God doesn't make mistakes!) I loved all the insights!

Next switching to a different genre but also European, I was given the original "Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens by my friend Nicole (a first Christmas gift).  This book, also rich in history and thought provoking led me to search for another along the same lines.  By happenstance, I found a book called the Water Babies in my children's bookcase and thought I might try it out.  Can I just tell you that I am reminded IN FULL how much depth and layers of interest and lessons authors from earlier times spun into their stories.  Why do I even bother to read current novels EVER? 
What is next in my reading repertoire?  Harriet Beecher Stowe's The Minister's Wooing, Ralph Waldo Emerson's Self Reliance and many more to come, I'm sure!  I would love to hear suggestions if you have any!
Blessings,
Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
wife & mother of 4 beautiful children, 2 girls & 2 boys. small business co-owner; catering and a restaurant/alehouse, writer, gardener, lover of freedom and humility found in christ, small town enthusiast, book reader, admirer of noble truths, beauty and love

Followers